Expanding Excellence in Advanced Practice Across the Continuum
2024 Advanced Practice Conference:
Advancing PrOfessional Growth, Education, and Excellence (APOGEE)
Dates: October 10-11, 2024
Time: 7 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: UVA Newcomb Hall, 180 McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA
The 2024 APOGEE* conference is your Central Virginia destination for expanding clinical knowledge, learning about novel, evidence-based treatments and therapies, and networking with diverse colleagues. The advanced practice clinician already navigates many challenges faced by their patients and families. This conference will feature lectures, case studies, and interactive sessions on complex medical and nursing management of acute and chronic illness through the care continuum and across the lifespan, expanding excellence in clinical care and sophistication of medical decision making.
High-level, evidence-based review of the risks, benefits, and potential side effects of advanced pharmacological therapies encountered across the continuum will be included. Professional practice and development sessions will explore developing advanced practice leadership structures and business models, leadership and professional role optimization, outcomes reporting, billing models and fiscal responsibility. The impact of health disparities and its intersection with community health in the delivery of coordinated, comprehensive interdisciplinary care will be a distinct thread in multiple sessions.
*the farthest or highest point: culmination
Call for Abstracts
Submit your abstract for the 2024 Advanced Practice Conference: APOGEE. This is an opportunity to report ongoing and completed research as well as systematic, theoretical, conceptual, and methodological projects to colleagues. Authors of accepted abstracts will attend a poster session or be selected to deliver an oral presentation of their work.
APOGEE accepts abstract submissions for poster or podium format. Overall, acceptable research submission abstracts meet the following criteria:
- Address research studies as well as systematic, theoretical, conceptual and methodological projects. Studies or projects for presentation must be complete prior to presentation
- Adhere to the scoring rubric for research posters or podium presentations
For complete information, please see the 2024 Advanced Practice Conference Call for Abstracts.
Target Audience: Advanced practice providers/clinicians across the continuum of care, spanning inpatient, outpatient, and community healthcare settings.
- 16.75 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits
- 16.75 Contact Hours
- 16.75 Hours of Participation
- 16.75 IPCE Credits
Upon completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Implement current evidence-based team-care approaches for a variety of conditions spanning the continuum of care and throughout the lifespan.
- Apply advanced pharmacological therapies across the continuum of care based on current, high-level evidence-based review of indications, risks, benefits, and potential side effects for selected therapies.
- Deliver complex care across the continuum of care and settings of care as a full collaborative partner within the multidisciplinary care team.
- Utilize tools provided at this conference to increase their leadership abilities, expand their role, or incorporate fiscal responsibility as an advanced practice provider.
- Utilize community partnerships to address health disparities while emphasizing coordinated, comprehensive, interdisciplinary care across the continuum.
For more information, see the 2024 Advanced Practice Conference Brochure.
Questions? Contact Linda Hanson, firstname.lastname@example.org.