Find out what sets us apart.
We champion excellence in education and clinical research. And we provide access to some of the best faculty and health care facilities that the country has to offer. These aren’t just empty words: we continually rank in the top three percent of nursing graduate programs in the US, 93% of our BSN and CNL graduates secure positions within three months of graduation and four national nursing organization presidents make UVA their academic home.
Whether you’re a potential student or a potential researcher, we’ll get you where you want to go. We are driven by innovative research and best practice. Rest assured that in our compassionate community of skilled nurses, there's a place for you.
Being at the top of our field means we can get you to the top of yours.
You bring the motivation, and we’ll bring the intellectual stimuli, opportunities for scholarship, academic rigor and world-class mentors. Our human-centered approach starts with admissions and continues throughout your academic career. Small enough to be supportive of each individual, our program is also large enough to provide an expansive array of resources, perspectives and experiences. We invite you to investigate our degree programs and join us on a journey of lifelong learning and professional advancement.
2017 was another record-setter:
- A destination school
- Applications to the BSN program continue their meteoric rise, with an 82% increase in applications in just six short years
- Inclusivity first
- Students who look like the patients for whom they care, with 28% of the BSN class of 2021 and 20% of graduate students representing racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- 20% of our incoming graduate students are men – twice the national average -- while roughly one in ten of our undergraduate students is male
- Top-ranked and trailblazing
- All of our graduate programs rank in the nation’s top 20, including the Commonwealth's first Clinical Nurse Leader master’s program, which is ranked #2 in the country
UVA’s class of '17 grads went onto great things:
- 85% of our BSN and CNL grads from the class of 2017 reported receiving job offers even before graduating
- Job placement statics for 2017 here
- 38% of BSN and CNL grads took jobs outside Virginia
- 63% of BSN and CNL grads work in Virginia
- 35 BSN and CNL grads are now employed at Virginia’s #1 hospital, UVA Medical Center