Find out what sets us apart.
We champion excellence in education and clinical research. And we provide access to some of the best faculty and health care facilities that the country has to offer. These aren’t just empty words: we continually rank in the top 4% of nursing graduate programs in the US, and between 95-100% of our BSN and CNL graduates secure positions within three months of graduation and seven key regional and national nursing organization presidents make UVA their academic home.
Whether you’re a potential student or a potential researcher, we’ll get you where you want to go. We are driven by innovative research and best practice. Rest assured that in our compassionate community of skilled nurses, there's a place for you.
Being at the top of our field means we can get you to the top of yours.
You bring the motivation, and we’ll bring the intellectual stimuli, opportunities for scholarship, academic rigor and world-class mentors. Our human-centered approach starts with admissions and continues throughout your academic career. Small enough to be supportive of each individual, our program is also large enough to provide an expansive array of resources, perspectives and experiences. We invite you to investigate our degree programs and join us on a journey of lifelong learning and professional advancement.
It's been another record-setting year:
- A destination school
- Applications to the BSN program have tripled over the last decade, and today attract a growing diversity of students; our DNP program has grown by more than 130% since its 2008 founding, and other programs - including the MSN, CNL, and PhD programs - are routinely applauded for their rigor and quality
- Top-ranked and trailblazing
- Our graduate programs are Virginia's only nursing programs to rank in the nation’s top 25 (we rank #10 for both MSN and DNP programs among public institutions), including the Commonwealth's first Clinical Nurse Leader master’s program, which is currently ranked #2 in the U.S.
- Inclusivity first
- Our current first-year class is comprised of more than one-third minority students, and a full third of our undergraduates come from under-represented backgrounds, including racial and ethnic minorities and first-generation college attendees
- More than two-thirds of admitted students choose to attend UVA
- More than 14% of our students are male - a rate that’s 56% higher than the national average
- We’re proud of our work to help students and families meet the affordability gap with over $1 million in scholarship aid to undergraduates, and working hard to expand this resource for the incoming undergraduate class