- You're a high school graduate, or will be soon (traditional BSN application for first-year entry)
- You're a transfer student from another college or university (external transfer)
- You're a current UVA student from another major (internal transfer)
- You’re an RN with an associate's degree or diploma and would like to advance earn a baccalaureate degree (RN to BSN)
Interested in more information about the undergraduate program? Sign up for the undergrad mailing list.
You're interested in applying for one of the graduate programs:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- PhD in Nursing
Interested in more information about the graduate program? Sign up for the grad mailing list.
- You have a BSN or MSN and want to take a course on a non-degree basis (non-degree seeking or visiting student status)
- You want to do post-doctoral work in nursing (post-doctoral fellowships)
Fee Waiver Information
Applicants to the graduate programs who believe they may qualify for an application fee waiver should first review the application fee waiver information and then submit an Application Fee Waiver Request Form.
- BSN: November 1 (Early Action deadline) or January 1 (Regular Decision deadline)
- RN to BSN and undergraduate transfer: March 1
- CNL master’s entry to nursing: October 1
- MSN (except CNL master’s entry), post-master’s certificate, and DNP: November 1
- PhD in Nursing: December 15
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
Please see the University of Virginia's Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity for a listing of appropriate resources as well as contacts for staff, students and others.