- You're a high school graduate, or will be soon (traditional BSN application for first-year entry)
- You're a transfer student from another college or university (external transfer)
- You're a current UVA student from another major (internal transfer application)
- You’re an RN with an associate's degree or diploma and would like to advance earn a baccalaureate degree (RN to BSN)
Interested in more information about the undergraduate program? Sign up for the undergrad mailing list.
You're interested in applying for one of the graduate programs:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- PhD in Nursing **Applications for the PhD program are made to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences**
- When applying, please select "Graduate School of Arts and Sciences" for the application type.
Interested in more information about the graduate program? Sign up for the grad mailing list.
- You have a BSN or MSN and want to take a course on a non-degree basis (non-degree seeking or visiting student status)
- You want to do post-doctoral work in nursing (post-doctoral fellowships)
Fee Waiver Information
Applicants to the graduate programs who believe they may qualify for an application fee waiver should review the application fee waiver information.
- BSN: November 1 (Early Action deadline) or January 1 (Regular Decision deadline)
- RN to BSN and undergraduate transfer: March 1
- CNL master’s entry to nursing: October 1
- MSN (except CNL master’s entry), post-master’s certificate, and DNP: December 1
- PhD in Nursing: December 15
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
Please see the University of Virginia's Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity for a listing of appropriate resources as well as contacts for staff, students and others.