Out of the past, informing the present.
The Eleanor Crowder Bjoring Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry was established at the University of Virginia in 1991 to support historical scholarship in nursing. Dedicated to the preservation and study of nursing history, the Bjoring Center collects historical materials, promotes nursing history scholarship, and disseminates historical research findings.
The center hosts a regular series of nursing history forums, sponsors an annual Agnes Dillon Randolph Award and lecture, awards annual research fellowships, and publishes a newsletter. Read our special 30th-anniversary publication, Object Lessons.
The center is open to researchers and visitors Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m., or by appointment. Please contact the center to schedule an appointment.
- Rosalind Renee Barber, PhD, RN
- LaShanda Brown, PhD, RN
- Anne Z. Cockerham, PhD, RN, CNM, WHNP
- Rebecca Coffin, PhD, RN
- Sarah J. Craig, PhD, RN, CCNS, CCRN
- Pamela B. DeGuzman, PhD, MBA, RN
- Michelle Hehman, PhD, RN
- Franklin Hickey, PhD, RN, MSN, CPHQ, NEA-BC
- Bridget Houlahan, PhD, RN
- Jessica Malpass, PhD, RN
- Gwyneth Milbrath, PhD, RN, MPH
- Lisa Zerull PhD, RN, FCN