Sustained global partnerships with integrated research, education and clinical experiences.
As we work to build deep and sustainable global partnerships that integrate research, education, and clinical experiences, we’re enthusiastically preparing students to embrace the challenges and opportunities of our global community.
For more information, contact the co-directors of Global Opportunities at the School of Nursing:
- Anita Thompson Heisterman, co-director (undergraduate)
- Emma Mitchell, co-director (graduate)
- Administrative support: Mary Herndon
Resources at UVA and beyond
- UVA International Studies Office
- UVA Center for Global Health - opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration on global issues. Current projects offer student experiences in Brazil, Haiti, Kenya, Peru, Philippines, and Uganda
- UVA Global
- UVA Center for International Studies (CIS)
- Nursing Students Without Borders
- The Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) builds collaborations among interdisciplinary university global health programs across education, research and service. Dedicated to creating equity and reducing health disparities, the consortium promotes long-term partnerships among universities in resource-rich and resource-poor countries, developing human capital and strengthening institutions.