The School of Nursing Advisory Board was established in 1993. Its officers and members serve solely in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the School of Nursing. Its mission is to support and promote the Dean's vision for the School of Nursing's educational, research and service objectives.
The objectives of the board are to advise and assist the Dean of the School of Nursing in pursuing the vision, mission and implementation of strategic priorities; to provide philanthropic support both directly and through development of beneficial relationships; and to serve as advocates for the School of Nursing with various internal and external constituent groups.
Members are appointed to the board by the Dean of the School of Nursing and include alumni, parents and friends of the School, as well as representatives of the School of Nursing faculty and student body. The President of the School of Nursing Alumni Council also serves on the Advisory Board.
- Janis Peacock Bellack, PhD (DIPLO '68, BSN '70) - Chair
- Amy Black, DNP, RN, NEA-BC (DNP '14)
- Ingrid F. Buell
- Katie Crowe (A&S '05)
- Mary Dixon, DNP, RN, NEW-BC (DNP '21)
- Robert Gibson, MD (MD '75)
- Charlie E. Johnson Jr
- Dawn M. Jones, Esq. (BSN '89)
- Sandra Reed-Bryant (BSN '78, MSN '86)
- Nancy T. Rizor (BSN '80)
- Ex-officio: Marianne Baernholdt, Sadie Heath Cabaniss Professor of Nursing and Dean
Contact the Advisory Board
For more information about the School of Nursing Advisory Board, please contact the Alumni and Development Office at (434) 924-0138 (434) 924-0138 .