University of Virginia
UVA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). More information available here.
School of Nursing
The baccalaureate, master’s, and DNP programs at the UVA School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036.
The School of Nursing pre-licensure degree programs are approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico Virginia 23233-1463.
School of Nursing Accreditation History
- The BSN and MSN degrees were first accredited by CCNE in 2004
- The DNP degree was first accredited by CCNE in 2009
Prior Accreditation by the National League for Nursing (NLN)
- The UVA hospital’s nursing school (a diploma program) was accredited in 1948
- The UVA School of Nursing’s BSN was first accredited by NLN in 1959
- The UVA School of Nursing’s MSN was first accredited by NLN in 1974