University of Virginia
The University of Virginia (UVA) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). More information is available on UVA's Institutional Accreditation page.
School of Nursing
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Virginia are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The School of Nursing pre-licensure degree programs are approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico Virginia 23233-1463.
School of Nursing Accreditation History
- The BSN and MSN degrees were first accredited by CCNE in 2004
- The DNP degree was first accredited by CCNE in 2009
Prior Accreditation by the National League for Nursing (NLN)
- The UVA hospital’s nursing school (a diploma program) was accredited in 1948
- The UVA School of Nursing’s BSN was first accredited by NLN in 1959
- The UVA School of Nursing’s MSN was first accredited by NLN in 1974