State-of-the-Art Diagnosis and Management of Care
A live, interactive, virtual seminar.
Date: October 20, 2021
Time: 2:00 – 5:30 PM
Please download course material prior to the start of the conference.
Those registered for the course will receive by email the password to open the following presentation slide files:
This interprofessional seminar is designed to provide ambulatory care clinicians with the knowledge needed to offer state-of-the-art diagnosis and management of care for adult and pediatric patients with headaches. Evidence-based use of imaging will be highlighted. The seminar will include presentations with opportunity for Q&A.
RNs, NPs, PAs, and MDs in ambulatory care settings.
- AAPA - 3.0
- ANCC Contact Hours - 3.0
- AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM - 3.0
- Hours of Participation - 3.0
- IPCE - 3.0
- Attendee - $50
- UVA Employee - $35
- Student - $35
Expected Learning Outcomes
Through participation in this virtual seminar, participants will:
- Describe the common features for selected types of headaches.
- Name headache features that indicate a potentially serious or life-threatening condition.
- Apply guidelines from the ACR Appropriateness Criteria and Choosing Wisely campaign in deciding which imaging (if any) is appropriate.
- Review the evidence behind the expected yield of neuroimaging in patients with headache.
- Articulate the evidence-based treatment approaches for new or persistent headache.
- Articulate the current state of health inequities and disparities related to diagnosis and management of new and persistent headache.
For more information, see the Evaluation and Management of Headache Conference Brochure.
Questions or accommodation requests? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org