Nursing Instructor Bootcamp
Dates: January 3-5, 2024
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: UVA School of Nursing
Target Audience: Nurses with at least a BSN
As a part of the UVA Health/UVA Medical Center and School of Nursing "Earn While You Learn" partnership program, the School of Nursing is pleased to offer this opportunity for working nurses to pursue professional development and build their future role as nurse educators and nursing student mentors.
This three-day workshop will expand the knowledge and abilities of nurses who are able to serve as clinical instructors. Nurses who have earned at least a BSN are eligible to serve as clinical instructors for students in associate degree nursing programs, and nurses with graduate degrees may serve as clinical instructors for pre-licensure students in any program. Nurses who are preparing to serve as clinical instructors as well as nurses who are already clinical instructors will benefit from the wisdom and experience of the program faculty.
- 18.0 Contact Hours
- 18.0 Hours of Participation
- Attendee - $225
- Virginia Community College System Faculty - $100
- UVA Employee - $0
- Upon completion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Adhere to the legal, regulatory, school, hospital, and unit requirements for enacting the role of the clinical nurse educator in congruence with established NLN nurse educator competencies.
- Apply clinical teaching strategies that are grounded in educational theory and evidence-based teaching practices.
- Describe strategies to promote safe and equitable learning experiences for prelicensure students.
- Implement a structured process for both formal and informal evaluation of student performance and competency achievement.
- Demonstrate skilled communication with staff, students, and academic colleagues as a clinical instructor.
- Incorporate simulation activities to maximize and support student learning.
- Use resources effectively when student progress does not match expectations.
For more information, see the Clinical Instructor Workshop Brochure 2024-01.
Contact Kathryn Reid, email@example.com.
Provided by the University of Virginia School of Medicine and School of Nursing.