Director of UVA Nursing's CSLC since 2016, Ryne Ackard earned a BA from the University of South Carolina and a masters from the New York Institute of Technology. With two certifications in simulation from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare - one as a certified healthcare simulation educator and another as a certified healthcare simulation operations specialist - he brings extensive simulation experience to UVA and a particular interest in and enthusiasm for developing robust communication skills between patients and healthcare providers.
Ackard began his career in simulation at the Greenville Health System where he collaborated in the creation of a plethora of activities for USC's School of Medicine through the use of standardized patients and high fidelity simulators. As director of UVA Nursing's Mary Morton Parsons Clinical Simulation Learning Center, Ackard concentrates on interprofessional education, communication, and clinical assessment with the School's roughly 800 undergraduate and graduate students.
News and TV
- Pregnant robot offers unique experiences for UVA nurses in training - Daily Progress (9-7-16)
- Robot gives birth at UVA Nursing - Newsplex (9-7-16)
- UVA Nursing students practice skills on robotic mannequin - NBC 29 (9-7-16)
- 30 July 2015 - "I Can't Get No (Patient) Satisfaction" to Healthcare Simulation South Carolina Collaborative Members
- 23 July 2016 - Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist Readiness Course to Society for Simulation in Healthcare SimOps 2016
- 27 July 2016 - Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist Readiness Course to Society for Simulation in Healthcare International Meeting of Simulation in Healthcare 2016