- 2003, Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences (Specialization in Biomolecular Sciences) with a Minor in 2005, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, magna cum laude, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Chemistry, cum laude, Chapman University, Orange, CA
- 2008, Master of Science in Nursing (Concentration in Acute Care Nurse Practitioner), Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- 2008, Certificate in Nursing Education, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- 2008 – Present, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Board Certified, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2008 – Present, Adult CCRN, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- 2005, Dean’s Medal, Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies
- 2005, Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society Induction, Tau Chapter, Georgetown University
- 2017, Diversity Programs’ Professional Development Award, University of Virginia
- 2017, McDonald Travel Award, University of Virginia School of Nursing
- 2018, Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, University of Virginia School of Nursing
- 2018, Student Representative of the University of Virginia School of Nursing PhD Program Committee (tenure to begin in Fall of 2018)
The broad goal of my program of research is to provide the surrogate decision makers of critically-ill patients with acute neurological injury with a formalized decision support program that aims to alleviate the poor mental health outcomes known to be experienced by surrogates as a result of making end-of-life decisions for critically-ill patients.
Carhuapoma, L., & Hollen, P.J. (2018). The Use of Decision Aids for End-of-Life Surrogate Decision Making for Critically-ill Stroke Patients: A Systematic Review. Stroke. 49 (Suppl 1): ATP360.
Gralla, R.J., Hollen, P.J., Hall, R., Gentzler, R., Cheng, H., Carhuapoma, L., Crawford, J., Rosen, L., & Lesser, M. (2018). Do patients treated with chemotherapy or checkpoint inhibitors for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) regret having received treatment? A prospective evaluation in 164 patients. 2018 Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) Annual Meeting, June 28-30, 2018, Vienna, Austria.
Hollen, P.J., Gralla, R.J., Hall, R., Gentzler, R., Cheng, H., Weiss, G., Gildersleeve, J., Carhuapoma, L., Chu, C., Crawford, J., Cerise, J., & Lesser, M. Let’s Not Forget About Regret. IASLC 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer, September, 23-26, 2018, Toronto, Canada.