Crystal Toll, EdD, MSN, RN, CCRN, PCCN
(Crystal L Toll)
A critical care nurse and now an assistant professor, Toll was a nurse manager at UVA Health in 2006 and a clinical instructor at the School since 2015. She teaches both graduate and undergraduate courses in health assessment, surgical, medical, and critical care nursing, pathophysiology, population and public health, leadership, and clinical management, and is a seasoned mentor of both undergraduate Distinguished Majors and doctoral students. Beginning in fall 2022, she will lead the School’s Richmond-based cohort of RN to BSN students.
Toll is past-president of the AACN-Monticello chapter, on the School of Nursing’s Continuing Education Committee, and a member of the AACN, the Virginia Nurses Association, and the National League for Nursing. She earned a doctorate in education from Walden University in 2020, an MSN from Walden in 2011, a BSN in 2002 from Florida International University.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Critical Care Knowledge Professional Certification (CCRN-K)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN)
Research FocusAdult education in health care
Clinical FocusAdult surgical, medical, and trauma critical care nursing
Teaching FocusConnecting adult learning theory in the clinical setting to continue student centered professional development and assist nursing students to capitalize on their strengths and resources to develop their personal and professional growth.
- Member, American Nurses Association
- Member, Virginia Nurses Association
- Member, American Association of Critical Care Nurses (national and Monticello chapter)
- Member, National Nursing Staff Development Organization