Building Better Collaborators - T3 Conference Nov. 7-10, 2018
Join UVA's Center for ASPIRE for their fall Train-the-Trainer Conference in Charlottesville, Va., this Nov. 7-10, on the University of Virginia Grounds. Offered to small healthcare teams from diverse professions, the T3 Conference offers people a fun, purposeful way to concretely augment teamwork skills over 3 1/2 days of workshops.
With expert instruction and consultation in IPE that capitalizes on the collective and unique experiences of UVA faculty, the program's innovative curriculum, high-quality experiential learning and coaching develops interprofessional teams' ability to promote and facilitate collaborative leadership and interprofessional collaborative practice. The program will prepare health professions faculty and collaborative practice clinicians from all professions to lead IPE efforts and promote team-based care, and is designed for emerging leaders.
After completion, program participants can:
- Develop and customize interprofessional education (IPE) activities across the learning continuum (from academia to practice)
- Use methods and approaches to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of interprofessional education across the learning continuum
- Develop emerging interprofessional education leaders to champion cultural changes within educational and health systems
- Create interprofessional education and collaborative practice activities grounded in the concepts of team dynamics and culture change
- Use and model innovative teaching approaches to facilitate interprofessional education and collaborative practice
- Implement plans for leading and sustaining meaningful interprofessional education and collaborative practice at their own institutions
- Use communication techniques that facilitate discussions and interactions that enhance team function and patient safety
- Establish an interprofessional peer network to help expand the capacity of faculty who can successfully lead and facilitate IPE and interprofessional collaborative practice in the U.S.
Curious? Registration is open. Sign up today!