Interventions to Promote Healing
A live, hybrid conference.
Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
Time: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Locations - join us live:
- In person at the University of Virginia School of Nursing, 225 Jeanette Lancaster Way, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Virtually through Zoom (optional skills sessions are in-person only)
Healthcare professionals, especially nurses, assess skin and routinely provide interventions for skin problems, including wounds. Nurses and others must be knowledgeable about systematic approaches for skin and wound assessment as well as the array of treatment options available when skin is not intact. The purpose of this workshop is to review skin and wound assessment, characterization of various types of wounds ranging from simple to complex, and the appropriate interventions designed to promote wound healing. Additionally, this conference reviews advanced wound management interventions ranging from primary wound closure to complex chronic non-healing wound care for advanced practice providers.
Optional Skills Sessions (for in-person participants only):
- Managing Acute Wounds: Suturing Skills for APPs
- Application of Compression Wraps and Other Wound Management Tips
Please note that space in the skills sessions is limited.
Nurses, advanced practice nurses, and physician assistants.
- 5.75 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits
- 5.75 Contact Hours
- 5.75 IPCE Credits
- 5.75 Hours of Participation
Provided by the University of Virginia School of Medicine and School of Nursing, a Joint Accreditation Provider.
Fees (registration closes March 12th):
- Clinicians - $80, $100 after February 28th
- UVA and MJH Employees - $70, $100 after February 28th
- Supply Fee for Optional Suturing Skills Session - $60
For more information, see the 2023 Complex Skin and Wound Management Conference Brochure.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.