Personal StatementTo develop expertise and leadership in community-based health care with creative application of knowledge and skills specific to primary and preventive health and safety.
Trish Higgins is a Certified Nurse Practitioner and has been a clinical instructor for fourth-year nursing students since 1998 at the University of Virginia School of Nursing. She is employed with JABA (Jefferson Area Board for Aging), has a team of five RN's and is responsible for primary and preventive care services at nurse managed clinics throughout the JABA service in Central Virginia.
Honors and Awards
- National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, Washington, DC, National Mentor Leadership Award, 2003
- National Council on Aging and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Best Practice in Health Aging Programs (JABA Team Award) 2003
- Virginia Health Care Foundation, "Model That Made It" Geriatric Assessment and Intervention Project (JABA Team Replication Award), 2001
- Sigma Theta Tau, Beta Kappa Chapter, Nan Hilt Award for Clinical Excellence, 1998
Clinical FocusStrong commitment to health and safety at home, within our neighborhoods and throughout the wider communities of which we are all a part.
Teaching FocusStrong commitment to collaborative practice and creative delivery of primary and preventive services.
- American Nurses Association
- Virginia Nurses Association