Grace Muro earned her BSN from the University of Virginia in 1964 and her MSN with a Clinical Nurse Specialist focus in 1988. She currently serves as clinical staff in the perioperative division for UVA Medical Center and a clinical instructor for UVA School of Nursing.
Honors and Awards
- Anne Pollok Hemmings Preceptor of the Year Award, University of Virginia School of Nursing (2009)
- Outstanding Service Award, Sigma Theta Tau (2006)
- Outstanding Service Award, Sigma Theta Tau (2005)
- National Award for Outstanding Achievement in Perioperative Clinical Nursing Education, (2001)
Research FocusComparison of Intraoperative Methods to Prevent Hypothermia in Surgical Patients
Clinical FocusPerioperative, intra-operative and post-operative surgical care, APRN – clinical nurse specialist.
Teaching Focusrace has been a long time champion of improving the care of perioperative populations by enhancing education, staff development and direct patient care. She has served as President of the Association of Operating Room Nurses and item writer for the first national certification for Operating Room Nurses. She has earned numerous awards for excellence in teaching perioperative care.
- Member, Association of Operating Room Nurses
- Member, Certification Board for Perioperative Nurses