Maxine Craddock Burton, UVa School of Nursing Diploma 1952 and Family Nurse Practitioner 1975, was born, trained, and professionally active in Charlottesville, Virginia. Burton worked in a community hospital and as a family nurse practitioner in occupational health for a local business.
Scope and Content
Box 1 Folder 1: (3) typewritten pages of rules from the Cardiac Monitoring Unit at Martha Jefferson Hospital, date unknown, (2) mimeographed copies of handwritten drug preparation sheet, date unknown, (2) pages of typewritten copy of an interoffice communication dated June 25, 1971 regarding Mobile Chest Survey, & a typewritten letter from Senator John Warner dated June 15, 1979.
Box 1 Folder 2 (28) colored cardboard cut-outs of various foods with dietary information printed on backs.
Box 1 Folder 3 Autobiographical notes written in 2009, “This is MY Life – So Far: From Birth to UVA and Beyond”
List of pamphlets and booklets
- The Electro Guide from Merck Sharp and Dohme, (33) strips
- High Blood Pressure and Your Kidneys, pamphlet, from the National Kidney Foundation, date unknown,
- Reduce your Risk of Heart Attack, pamphlet, 1968, from the American Heart Association
- Hypertension Drug Treatment, booklet, 1973, the American Heart Association
- How to Live With Heart Trouble, booklet, 1966, fourth printing, from the American Heart Association
- How the Doctor Examines your Heart, booklet, by the American Heart Association, date unknown
- High Blood Pressure, pamphlet, 1974, from the American Heart Association
- The Vitamins, book, (80) pgs, Burroughs, Wellcome & Co. 1944
- Food Guide for Older Folks, pamphlet, 1969, US Government Printing Office
- The Richmond Nursing Home, book (31) pages, 1962, Department of Public Welfare
- RN magazine Collection of Nursing Pins, booklet, Litton Pub. Inc. 1972
- Introduction to Arrhythmia Recognition, booklet, 1968, California Heart Association
- Examination of the Heart: Part One History Taking, booklet, 1967, American Heart Association
- Examination of the Heart: Part Two Inspection and Palpation of Venous and Arterial Pulses, booklet, 1967, American Heart Association
- Examination of the Heart: Part Four, Auscultation, booklet, 1967, American Heart Association
- Examination of the Heart: Part Five, The Electrocardiogram, booklet, 1967, American Heart Association
- Strike Back at Stroke, booklet, The American Heart Association, date unknown
- A Home Program for The Care of Bed Patients, by Edward E. Gordon, M.D., 1952, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Theme: Nursing Research, by the Virginia Nurse, spring 1978, yearbook
- Cardiac Auscultation: Number Two of a Series, Systolic Murmur, booklet,
- 1968 Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.
- Nursing Arts 1 – Bowel Evacuation: A Teaching and Reference Manual, reference, (45) pgs, 1966, Geigy Chemical Corp.