School of Nursing Funding Opportunities
- International Scholarship Application 2018: (due Oct. 1, 2017) Thanks to the generosity of the School of Nursing Alumni Association, donors to the School of Nursing Endowment for International Initiatives and the Maxine D. Woodard, RN International Scholarships, School of Nursing students can apply for grants to help defray some of the costs of international academic and exchange programs.
- Office for Nursing Research has numerous opportunities for undergraduate and graduate research funding.
- The Rodriguez Nursing Student Research and Leadership Fund: the fund is designed to assist undergraduate and graduate students as they seek learning opportunities, primarily in the US, as a complement to and extension of their nursing education.
UVA Funding Opportunities
- The Harrison Undergraduate Research Awards
- DoubleHoo Research Grant
- Community-Based Undergraduate Research Grants
Jefferson Public Citizens (JPC) is a comprehensive academic public service program that integrates students’ service and research experiences throughout their time at the University. Teams of undergraduate students, along with a faculty advisor and graduate student mentor, develop and implement a project in conjunction with a community organization. Funding is available for all program costs and travel, as well as a stipend.
Center for Children, Families, and the Law
- Doris Buffet Fellowship: Available to graduate students planning to be involved in applied work related to the topic of children and families in need.
Center for Global Health (CGH)
- University Scholar Award: Available to undergraduate, graduate, or professional students who engage faculty mentors in multidisciplinary approaches to global health in an international setting.
Sources for Undergraduate Students
- Fulbright Program: Established in 1946, the Fulbright Scholars Program aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
Sources for Graduate Students
- Fulbright Program: Established in 1946, the Fulbright Program aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- American Nurses Foundation