Internal Funding Opportunities
School of Nursing Funding Opportunities
- International Scholarship Application: Thanks to the generosity of the School of Nursing Annual Fund and donors to the School of Nursing Endowment for International Initiatives, School of Nursing students can apply for resources to help defray some of the costs of international academic and exchange programs. Due dates are typically October 1 for J-Term and Spring Embedded classes, February 1 for Nursing Exchange, and March 15 for summer programs.
- Office for Nursing Research has numerous opportunities for undergraduate and graduate research funding.
UVA Funding Opportunities
Office of Citizen Scholar Development
The Office of Citizen Scholar Development maintains a comprehensive list of funding, fellowships, awards and opportunities for UVA undergraduate and graduate students.
A few awards students have received in the past include:
- The Harrison Undergraduate Research Awards
- Double Hoo Research Grant
- Community Based Undergraduate Research Grant (CBURG)
- The Raven Society Fellowships
Center for Global Health Equity (CGHE)
- CGHE University Scholar Award is available to undergraduate, graduate, or professional students who engage faculty mentors in multidisciplinary approaches to global health in an international setting.
External Funding Opportunities
Sources for Undergraduate Students
- Fulbright Program: Established in 1946, the Fulbright Scholars Program aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
Sources for Graduate Students
- Fulbright Program: Established in 1946, the Fulbright Program aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- American Nurses Foundation