The state of our School
On August 24, before a packed house of nursing faculty, staff, students, Medical Center clinicians and administrators, Dean Dorrie K. Fontaine offered a portrait of the School's work over the past year - and a glimpse of what's to come.
So what’s the state of UVA School of Nursing? Take a look, by the numbers.
- 832 – Number of applicants to the BSN program this year, up 10% since 2014 and 17% since 2013
- 100% = the percentage of 2014 grads employed within 3 months of graduation
- 3/4 = the proportion of 2015 grads with job offers before graduating
- 11 = number of new faculty hired in 2015 alone
- 38 – fellow appointments, 28 of which are FAANs
- $30.3 million = Amount raised during the Fontaine era (2008-2015)
- 12 – Number of endowed professors in the School
Want more? Check out the 2015-State of the School (PDF).