The state of our School
Against the historic backdrop of the Rotunda’s Dome Room, Dean Dorrie K. Fontaine offered highlights from the Nursing School on Aug. 26 to a packed house of nursing faculty, staff, UVA Medical Center leadership and physician partners.
So what’s news, as of August 26, 2013? Take a look, by the numbers.
- $24.3 million – Amount raised during Dean Fontaine’s five year tenure at the School.
- 20 – Number of FAAN faculty at UVa, with the addition of two soon-to-be inducted American Academy of Nursing Fellows Marianne Baernholdt and Karen Rose.
- 2 – Number of Executive Nurse Fellows in the School, sponsored for three years as nurse leaders by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- 12 – Number of endowed professors in the School
- 699 – Number of applicants to the BSN program this year, more than four times the number since 2000.
- 10 – Number of applications per spot available in the first year BSN class.
Want more? Download State of the school 2013 PDF (.pdf) 6.4MB