The state of our School
On Aug. 25, Dean Dorrie K. Fontaine offered highlights from the Nursing School to
a packed house of nursing faculty, staff, Medical Center clincians and administrators.
So what’s the state of the School of Nursing? Take a look, by the numbers.
- 754 – Number of applicants to the BSN program this year, more than four times the number since 2000 and more than 11 applicants for every available spot
- 100% = the CNL exam pass rate in April `14
- 95% = the percentage of 2013 graduates who were employed within 3 months of graduation
- 2/3 = the proportion of 2013 grads who had a job before graduating
- 17 = number of new faculty hired in 2014 alone
- 33 – Number of fellowships, of which 24 are FAANs
- $26.2 million = Amount raised during the Fontaine era (2008-2014)
- 12 – Number of endowed professors in the School
Want more? Check out the State of the School (PDF).